HP Support Fail

From time to time  I have not so pleasant support experiences. Today I had another.

[Friday, January 15, 2010 1:37 PM] — Automatically generated message:
This is an automated message. Your request has been received by the Technical Support Center and has been queued until a support analyst is available. Support for HP and Compaq desktops and Workstations is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will receive a response to your support request in 5 minutes or less.

[Friday, January 15, 2010 1:37 PM] — Automatically generated message:
For reference, your Case ID is 4609222889

[Friday, January 15, 2010 1:47 PM] — Nick Anderson says:
hello?

[Friday, January 15, 2010 1:58 PM] — Nick Anderson says:
hello?

[Friday, January 15, 2010 1:58 PM] — Nick Anderson says:
this is a reallly long 5 minutes

[Friday, January 15, 2010 2:02 PM] — Nick Anderson says:
Well you see, my USB ports have started to fail.

[Friday, January 15, 2010 2:02 PM] — Nick Anderson says:
This started about 2 weeks ago.

[Friday, January 15, 2010 2:03 PM] — Nick Anderson says:
As they failed I moved my devices to ports that worked and chained through a USB hub.

[Friday, January 15, 2010 2:03 PM] — Nick Anderson says:
Today the last USB port failed. I need to have the motherboard replaced.

[Friday, January 15, 2010 2:04 PM] — Nick Anderson says:
Since no one wants to respond to me, I will post this chat transcript on my blog.

[Friday, January 15, 2010 2:08 PM] — Nick Anderson says:

One Comment

• So I called Today, phone support seemed to be helpful. Said “usb problem?”. Mmmhhmmm, guess she was reading the one sided chat log. At any rate they are sending someone tomorrow to replace the main-board.