Ha! I have trapped you with my sensationalized headline. Or you didn’t read this just like I wouldn’t have :P.
I don’t know about anyone else but I had to turn off some of my feeds over the past several days. I was sick and tired of all the Chrome OS posts filtering about the net. It’s not that I don’t think having google behind another linux platform is a bad idea. Really I think that will be great for Linux in general. The more average people who are exposed to well packaged Linux distributions the better. What I was tired of was all of the sensationalism surrounding it. Here are some of my favorite titles.
- Chrome OS: But Will it Run Photoshop?
- Google Drops A Nuclear Bomb On Microsoft. And It’s Made of Chrome.
- Google could kneecap Microsoft with Chrome OS
- So, Google announced a new OS using the Linux Kernel. Opinions?
- Is Google Stealing Ubuntu’s Thunder?
- Google Chrome OS: A Free Alternative To Windows 7
- Instant-on Linux vendors put on a brave face against Google Chrome OS
- Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference: Will Google Chrome OS Steal the Show?
- Are Google and Microsoft Switching Roles?
- What does Red Hat, Ubuntu and openSUSE think about Google Chrome OS?
Actually I didn’t read all of these because I couldn’t get past the headlines. For example “Chrome OS: But Will it Run Photoshop?”. Seriously is there an actual readership for these stories? Were they written to incite flame-wars? Riddled with in-accuracies and presumptions. I don’t know I’ve just had it up to my ears with with these stories. At any rate just reading the headlines is worth a chuckle.